MAKE UP TIPS AND COMMON BLUNDERS

8:15:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Here are a few tips on how to have a flawless look for day or evening. 
 Have fun trying out some of these products!  
For a style consultation or make up lesson please go to services or email me at style@julesaldaz.com.



  • PRIMER- Many of us make the mistake of not putting on a primer before applying our make up.  Primers helps keep your makeup from wearing off as well as it fills in any fine lines your foundation or powder may settle into. A MUST HAVE!  I recommend Face Matte by Jules Cosmetics (from my skincare line) $18 or Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Smashbox $36


  • CONCEALER - We all try every way to hide dark circles but many of us make the mistake of using a concealer that is too light for our skin tone and this in returns leaves us with the illusion of under eye bags or caked on make up instead of hiding them.  Here are a couple of recommendations:
Blemish & Capillary Concealer, Jules Cosmetics $10
Camouflage Cover Cream, Jules Cosmetics $10

Laura Mercier makes a great Concealer as well called Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, $24

  • EYELINER - This is a mistake I have often made….one stroke of an eyeliner can make or break your look.  It not applied properly, you can actually give yourself the illusion of making your eyes look small and tired.  A thick black liner on y our lower lid can weigh down the eye and you may end up looking like a raccoon!  For a beautiful day look that will make your eyes "POP" instead of droop, try applying a nude eyeliner.  I have heard good things about TARTE, Lights, Camera, Lashes Inner Rim Liner, NARS larger than life Eye Liner in Rue Bonaparte, Stila in "Topaz".  NARS is suppose to last you all day!  All these products can be found at Sephora.  

  • FOUNDATION - It is so important to pick out the correct one for your skin especially if you are beginning to have fine lines and wrinkles.  Test them out.  DO NOT test it out on your wrist though.  Try them out on your face and make sure to look in a natural light whenever possible.  The best thing to do though when trying something new is to ask the ladies at the make up counter for a sample first before you invest.  In my line, I sell many different types and I am always happy to give samples.  My favorites are the Pro Finish Foundation, Jules Cosmetics $25 which is infused with Antioxidants to inhibit premature aging due to exposure to free radicals.  You can use it wet for a glowing natural look or dry for a fuller coverage flawless finish.  I also love Skin Perfecting Foundation, $20 Jules Cosmetics, which gives you a medium coverage that blankets your skin's imperfections while lifting away fine lines and wrinkles.

  • MASCARA - I sincerely feel I may be an eyelash junkie!  I love love love long lashes and will almost stop at nothing to get them!!  So, I have a few recommendations and shout outs I would like to give.  First, let me just say two words……LASH EXTENSIONS!  To die for and so much fun!  I go to Kim Mackey and if you are interested just send me an email and I will give you her info (style@julesaldaz.com).  I also have found that Younique carries a wonderful lash fiber mascara!  They have some great products which you can find at www.youniqueproducts.com/jennymurphy.  Lastly, I love lash primer and if you are not wanting to do the previous steps then for long thick lashes, use a lash primer before applying your make-up!  
    Lash Luxe, Jules Cosmetics $12
    Lash Prime & Define, Jules Cosmetics $8
  • LIPSTICK - This is a subject I could go on and on about!  Bad lipstick can really ruin your look while good lipstick can make all the difference in the world!  Again, I strongly suggest testing it out first.  I also suggest you wear a liner especially women experiencing some aging.  This will help your lips have a crisp look as well as help prevent the lipstick from feathering around the edges.  Make sure to keep your eyes simple if you are going for a darker lipstick color.  Keep the concept that less is more.  Here are a few of my favorite colors for this Fall/Winter season.  All lipsticks are from my line, Jules Cosmetics and are priced at $15.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: